Illicit Drugs - What real estate professionals need to know
Elective CPD | 7
is no doubt that the prevalence of illicit drugs within
residential and rental properties is an ever-growing issue for the real estate
This highly engaging session has been specifically developed to assist real estate agents and property managers in identifying potential illicit drug activity within properties which they manage, to equip them with the knowledge to understand and identify actual risk vs perceived risk, and how to manage these risks.
Presented by Paul Newell and Keith Norman, two of Australia's most recognised illicit drug and drug manufacture experts with more than 40 years combined operational and hands-on experience in illicit drugs, drug contamination, clandestine drug manufacture, forensics and law enforcement.
This session is both practical, evidence based and candid, and has never before been available to real estate or property management professionals in Australia.
Licensed real estate agents and registered property managers
- Identify hazards in residential and commercial properties
- Assessing and managing risk for tenants and owners
- National and State guidelines governing illicit drug contamination in residential properties
- Evidence and risk-based decision making for property managers
- Meth vs ice and property contamination from the smoking of ice
- Synthetic drug manufacture and identification of illicit drug activity
- Chemicals and equipment involved
- Physical and chemical hazards and basic safety measures
- Legislative and legal implications for property owners and managers
Approval code: REIWA 682
*Please note you must be in attendance for the full duration of the course in order to be eligible for CPD points. If you are unable to attend on the day, or think you will be late, please contact us so we can advise you of your options.
Full payment of course fee is required, for all Registration and CPD courses, before you can be enrolled into a class or gain access to course learning materials.
Want up to 20% off training?If you have five or more people from your office wanting to enrol in the same CPD course, you could be eligible for one of the following discounts:
10% off - when enrolling 5-10 people*
20% off - when enrolling more than 10 people*
Did you know we can also come to you to deliver training?Contact us on 9380 8285 to discuss your training needs and we can arrange training at a time and location suitable to you.
Having problems enrolling online?
Call us on 9380 8285
Enrol now to complete your 3 point mandatory CPD
Keeping your qualification current and your knowledge up-to-date is very important.