Illicit Drugs - What real estate professionals need to know
Elective CPD | 7
is no doubt that the prevalence of illicit drugs within
residential and rental properties is an ever-growing issue for the real estate
This highly engaging session has been specifically developed to assist real estate agents and property managers in identifying potential illicit drug activity within properties which they manage, to equip them with the knowledge to understand and identify actual risk vs perceived risk, and how to manage these risks.
Presented by Paul Newell and Keith Norman, two of Australia's most recognised illicit drug and drug manufacture experts with more than 40 years combined operational and hands-on experience in illicit drugs, drug contamination, clandestine drug manufacture, forensics and law enforcement.
This session is both practical, evidence based and candid, and has never before been available to real estate or property management professionals in Australia.
Licensed real estate agents and registered property managers
- Identify hazards in residential and commercial properties
- Assessing and managing risk for tenants and owners
- National and State guidelines governing illicit drug contamination in residential properties
- Evidence and risk-based decision making for property managers
- Meth vs ice and property contamination from the smoking of ice
- Synthetic drug manufacture and identification of illicit drug activity
- Chemicals and equipment involved
- Physical and chemical hazards and basic safety measures
- Legislative and legal implications for property owners and managers
Accrues 7 Elective CPD points
Approval code: REIWA 682
Peak Members: $347.00*
Peak Non-members: $385.00*
*Peak period rates apply to all sessions delivered in November and December.
All prices are GST inclusive.
Want up to 20% off training?If you have five or more people from your office wanting to enrol in the same CPD course, you could be eligible for one of the following discounts:
10% off - when enrolling 5-10 people*
20% off - when enrolling more than 10 people*
Did you know we can also come to you to deliver training?Contact us on 9380 8285 to discuss your training needs and we can arrange training at a time and location suitable to you.
Having problems enrolling online?Download the manual enrolment form.
Enrol now to complete your 3 point mandatory CPD
Keeping your qualification current and your knowledge up-to-date is very important.