Property Management Registration
All of the units of competency prescribed by DMIRS (the industry regulator for registration in the industry) require a high standard of English comprehension, the completion of legal documentation and the use of computer systems.
When working in real estate you will need to;
- keep up with current industry trends, industry legislation
- use appropriate technologies including being computer literate
- maintain industry currency by reading real estate related bulletins and newsletter
- read and respond to your clientsâ€™ emails and letters
- write emails, letters and reports to your clients
- maintain regular verbal communication with clients
- build rapport with existing and prospective clients
- communicate effectively with clients throughout the professional relationship
- negotiate with clients on operational issues.
who wants to start a career in residential or commercial real estate property management. The
course is focused on residential property management and those who would like to eventually
transition into commercial, industrial or retail property management will have to undertake
In order to complete the course, you will need a computer and Internet service to get access to the course resources and assessments which are available on the REIWA student e-learning portal.
- CPPDSM4080A Work in the real estate industry
- CPPDSM4007A Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work
- CPPDSM4011A List property for lease
- CPPDSM4013A Market property for lease
- CPPDSM4010A Lease property
- CPPDSM4016A Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement.
- be over the age of 18 (or will reach the age of 18 before completion of the course)
- be computer literate
- have numeracy skills
- have a high standard of verbal and written English (you will have to understand and complete legal contracts and other documentation)
- be a Western Australian (WA) resident with the authorisation to study in WA.
ClassroomFive consecutive days in the classroom*
8.30am to 4.30pm | Monday to Friday
*You will have up to four months to submit your assessment
Typically this will take you approximately 158 hours to complete, so you need to allow around 9 hours per week to complete your studies and assessment. Every student learns at a different pace, so you may be able to complete in less time, or you may need to spend extra time to work through the resources and submit your assessments.
ClassroomYou can study onsite at our training centre in Subiaco with others in your course group, over a five day period, and with a further four months to complete your studies and submit your assessment.
Distance LearningIf your learning style isn't suited to a classroom or doesn't fit your schedule, the distance learning option is for you. You will be provided with online access to the training and assessment resources and have four months to complete your studies and submit your assessment. Our Student Support Team will be on hand to help you.
AUD $1000**Course fee $940 GST not applicable
Resource fee $60 GST inclusive
If you are currently registered with DMIRS as a sales representative please contact us prior to enrolling as you may be eligible for a reduced fee.
Full schedule of fees and charges
It may be that you already have knowledge and skills in some of the units covered in this course. Recognition of prior learning is a form of assessment where you can provide evidence of current knowledge and skills. Our skilled team will help you identify whether you can apply for RPL and the types of evidence you have to supply.
Contact us to find out more, 9380 8285.
Credit transfer comes into effect when a Statement of Attainment or Qualification that you already hold has the same national codes as those that form part or all of the training and assessment program in which you are planning to enrol. By applying for credit transfer, you do not need to undertake training in those units again. For example, if you hold the unit CPPDSM4080A Work in the real estate industry, you would not have to undertake training or be assessed against this unit again.
What is credit transfer?
You will be given access to an online student resource portal, with examples of completed forms, documents and links to other online resources that will help you in your studies.
What help and support will I get while training?
REIWA guarantees that once you have commenced study with us, should we be unable to complete the supply of training under this contract, we will assist you to source a training place with another approved provider.
You will be advised of your assessment result as soon as possible after submission but please allow up to 20 working days to hear your result, as this timeframe is dependent on the complexity and quantity of submissions.
How does assessment work?
You will have up to one year from the date on the Statement to apply for registration and we recommend that you allow adequate time to both apply and receive a response from DMIRS.
Enrol now to complete your 3 point mandatory CPD
Keeping your qualification current and your knowledge up-to-date is very important.